I don’t know if you have the same problem as me, but on the weekends, usually right before lunch, my wife asks me if I want to go out shopping. We inevitably shop right through lunch time to that awkward between lunch and dinner time. Then we have to decide if we should eat lunch or skip and lunch and go to dinner. I of course, get in a bad mood because I become starving. So, on the weekend, I’ve started becoming PROactive instead of REactive. In other words, I eat a huge breakfast.
Here is one breakfast recipe I like to make that usually holds me over for the better part of the day.
Prep Time 10.
Cook Time 30 Minutes.
And for those of you who can’t do the math, Total Time 40 minutes
Ingredients: 1 Cup of Quinoa // 2 Cups of Water // Eggs // 2 Cloves of Garlic Minced // 1 Small Onion Chopped // 1/2 Red Pepper Chopped // 1/2 Green Pepper Chopped // 1/2 Yellow Pepper Chopped // 1 Cup of Spinach // 5-6 Mushrooms Chopped // Cherry Tomatoes Halved // 1 Tbsp of Oil Seasonings: 1 Tsp Salt // 1 Tsp Pepper // 1 Tsp Red Pepper Flakes // 1 Tbsp Paprika // 1 Tbsp Chili Powder
1. Chop up all of your vegetables
2. Start by putting oil in your pan and bring to medium heat. Then add your peppers and onions and saute until softened about 8 minutes.
3. Add your garlic and saute for 30 seconds.
4. Add mushrooms and saute for 1-2 minutes.
5. Stir in your seasonings.
6. Add your quinoa and coat with vegetable mix.
7. Add your spinach and stir in.
8. Add 2 cups of water and bring to boil.
9. Lower to simmer and cover for 15 minutes.
10. Fry 2 eggs or however many you would like (I prefer over easy for this recipe, but you can poach them or do whatever you like)
11. Plate your quinoa and top with eggs.
12. Drizzle with sriracha and garnish with cilantro and cherry tomatoes.